Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Getting over cold feet!


After my alarm went off at 6:34 am (I always set my alram for weird times, it keeps life interesting) and seeing that it was 21 degrees outside, I spent a good half an hour trying to talk my self out of running, and debating what to wear.  I finally put my running shoes on and went outside.  I ran for 2.19 miles and my average pace was 13.47 minute miles.  I did have to walk a few times.  It felt liberating to run outside on a peaceful morning.  
The run program I'm doing is an every other day run and I'm still trying to decide what I want to do on my off days.  I think I will do a combination of Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown and and Nike Women's Training App (this is another free app, with great work outs).  So overall, day one was a success!  Taking the first steps and running is a great start to a new journey...
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” 
― J.R.R. TolkienThe Lord of the Rings

Here is some scripture:  God is my bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live.  -  Psalm 18:2 


No comments:

Post a Comment